Helichrysum has been used in herbal health practices since ancient Greece, and the oil is highly valued and sought after for its many health benefits.
According to one of the legends, Princess Nausicaa (Greek: Ναυσικάα), daughter of Alcinous, king of the Phaeacians, first discovered the miraculous properties of the Helichrysum. She used Helichrysum as a staple in gentle body and face care, and perhaps that's why it's said that her beauty equaled that of a goddess.
How can you incorporate Helichrysum essential oil into your daily routine?
- Helichrysum oil can help regenerate the skin and make your complexion glow. Apply directly to the face with a little carrier oil or add to your favorite cleansing facial toner.
- The oil is a great tool that will help to erase scars and wounds, even post-surgery or burns, stains, rashes.
- To support a healthy metabolism, take two drops of essential oil internally – you can drop them directly into your mouth, add a few drops to a glass of water or put in a capsule.
- With its soothing and rejuvenating benefits, Helichrysum essential oil is a key part of an aftershave serum. Combined with some of the best essential oils for skin – frankincense, lavender, tea tree and myrrh, you'll soothe any skin irritations.
- Helichrysum essential oil is known to have calming properties, which is due to its chemical components called esters. Therefore, if you need a soothing sensation, massage the essential oil of Helichrysum on the back of your head.
- The flowers of Helichrysum italicum are also a traditional remedy for various intestinal complaints and are used as an herbal tea to treat digestive problems related to the stomach, damaged intestines and intestinal diseases.
- Helichrysum oil can reduce the risk of kidney stones, supports and detoxifies the kidneys and liver.
- Helichrysum oil has a beneficial effect not only on the human body. It helps restore mental balance and harmony in a person. The oil can also heal emotional distress.
How to make Helichrysum oil at home:
- When in full bloom pick the flowers and place them in a dark (brown or green) jar until the jar is full.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil to the top of the jar and close.
- Leave in a dark place for 21 days and then use.
Don't forget to consult a specialist before you add the Helichrysum to your daily routine.
Shared with joy
DISCLAIMER: The content of this blog post is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.