1 ."Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day."
The Dalai Lama continues his life's journey by devoting himself to spreading universal human values: love, kindness, compassion and tolerance.
He is believed to be the latest incarnation of a series of spiritual guides who have chosen to reincarnate in order to enlighten other beings. Now he calls on everyone in the world to live in the spirit of dialogue, unity and friendship, to show respect and compassion.
Here are some of his wise thoughts that are good to embrace in our daily lives.
2. “Happiness is not a ready-made thing. It comes from your own actions.”
3. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”
4. "Only the development of compassion and understanding for others can bring us the peace and happiness we all seek."
5. "If you can cultivate the right attitude, your enemies are your best spiritual teachers because their presence enables you to improve and develop tolerance, patience and understanding."
6. "Choose to be optimistic and you will feel better."
7. "There is a saying in Tibetan: 'Tragedy should be used as a source of strength.'
8. "The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your actions will be."
9. "A disciplined mind leads to happiness and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering."
10“There is only one important point to keep in mind and let it be your guide. No matter what people call you, you are just who you are. Hold fast to this truth. You have to ask yourself how you want to live your life. We live and we die, that is the truth we can only face alone. No one can help us, not even the Buddha. So think carefully about what is stopping you from living the way you want to live your life?”
11. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
12. "We cannot make peace in the outside world until we make peace with ourselves."
13. “People take different paths in search of fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your way doesn't mean they're lost.”
14. "Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace."
15 "The way to change other's minds is with affection and not anger."
16. "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck."
17 "An open heart is an open mind."
Shared with joy